Monday, July 7, 2008

Party Weekend

I think this photo pretty much sums up the Droubay's July 4 weekend. We barbecued until we had nothing left in the tank. This is Sam after having one too many.


On July 5, we had a barbecue at our house with seven other lawyers from PB&L and their families. These guys make work alot of fun. The barbecue was quite a production. We even rented a bounce house for the kids. They and we had a great time.






For the 4th, we went to my brother Greg's house. We ate and then renewed the tradition that we have come to call "Backyard of Fire." The fireworks were amazing, and the cousins had a great time together. While we were at Greg's place, Lucy learned to pump herself on the swings, and she pretty much spent the rest of the night and the weeked sitting on the swings singing to herself. Finally, as you can plainly see below, my beautiful wife refused to be photographed.


























8 comments:

Heidi P said...

Wow! Your backyard is beautiful!! Looks like a fun weekend!

Amy, you still look cute, even when your annoyed! :)

Stacey Sargent said...

ha! that pic of amy is hilarious! love the post! I love listening to Lucy sing...best thing ever!

Tina said...

Oh the greatest day ever....when kids learn to pump themselves on a swing. Lucy was so cute about it. She had to show me yesterday what she could do and I said, "Lucy you are the best pumper ever." And she giggled and said, "I know!" Love it!

PJ and Julie said...

a bounce house?!? what a thrill!

Erin said...

That pic of Sam was great. Glad you guys had a good 4th. I'd kill for your back yard!

shellie said...

those bounce houses are so much fun...even for adults. my parent have one and i've been known to bounce around in it from time to time.

Anonymous said...

What about "Patio of Fire...da, da da..." You have to sing it like Amy always did! you know, she would sing it over and over again all night long until we would threaten to kick her out of "Patio of Fire...da, da da!"

HeatherD said...

That looks like such a fun weekend. Yea for Lucy learning to pump. I remember when I learned. We are excited to be back to backyard of fire next year.