I am sick to death of walking into my kids' rooms and seeing a total disaster. However much I hate the mess, I refuse to clean up for them. This is THEIR room and THEIR job. I do enough cleaning up after them as it is. I got this crazy idea to have a "room cleaning party" and then an even crazier idea of making invitations for them. I wanted to see their reactions.
They all laughed hysterically.......for a minute. Then they were just mad and annoyed.
Lucy's room before
Jake and Sam's room. Can I just state here that I hate this room??? It's just random furniture thrown together. Originally, Jake was not supposed to share the room with Sam but Josh and Jake could NOT sleep in the same room. They didn't even sleep. They talked, played, joked around, and FOUGHT for hours. So we had this extra bed and we put it in here. Also, the blankets on the windows were put up when Sam was still a baby and sleeping was still a major issue with him. I did it to block out the sun. Right now he sleeps pretty well, so I'm not gonna even try to mess up a good thing. I will get around to making it cute when either Sam gets a big-boy bed or when we finish our basement and we can move one or both of the boys downstairs.
Josh's room before.
My room before. Not too bad, but I won't post pictures of my closet. Scary!
Lucy during the cleaning process. I would have gotten more pictures of the kids cleaning, but I was too busy having a power struggle with Josh and how he wanted his room organized. His version consisted of his mattress taken off the bed and placed against the wall. Ummmmm....NO!
Lucy's room after
Jake and Sam's room after
Josh's room after
My room (with a little Georgia)
5 comments:
Looks like it was a success!
I LOVE it. And your home is lovely.
haha-- I'm glad to see that other people struggle with this too. I am always battling with Tyler to clean his room . Since his is all the way down in the corner of the basement, I rarely go down there to check on it so he gets off pretty easy sometimes. But occasionally when I go check- it looks like a bomb went off in there. I'm horrible at my closet too- today I finally put away 2 feet worth of clothes in my closet-- literally 2feet.
LOVE your room cleaning party Amy! That is too cool. Your house is beautiful - love your master bedroom.
I also LOVED all of your Disney pics! I was bummed we couldn't meet you guys. I'm having serious Disney withdrawals! I just can't do it with a baby. Takes away all the fun, ya know? So glad you guys had a fun trip!
Love it! You are such a good mom, teaching them to be clean kids...and adults. Miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment