Monday, January 3, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

Every year before Christmas we have a gingerbread house decorating contest. This is a favorite tradition for my kids. Here's Keri decorating her house. She spent 2 hours and 75$ at Macey's searching for the perfect candy and decorations. It paid off because her house won "Best Overall"

Here's my brother, Dave. He made an Indian tepee complete with an Indian chief and squaw, a fire, spit and totem pole. Both he and Keri were decorating long after everyone else finished and the kiddies were in bed. He won "Most Creative".
Lucy won "Best Design" (she was disappointed because she got the exact same award last year).
Kate won "Most Beautiful"
Sam's house. He insisted on doing one all by himself--and that's the reason why I didn't do one last year, because I was helping Sam do one all by himself. :)
Had to throw in a couple (actually the ONLY) pictures of Christmas morning. My New Year's resolution is to take more pictures and document my kids' lives better.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I am glad you got some pictures of kids by their houses. I wanted to see Josh and Jakes houses here too though! I thought they were both so creative!!!

Julie said...

Lucy was disappointed bc that is what she got last year! haha!! Mom was struggling coming up with categories!