



On June 9th it was our 13th anniversary and because Jeff has had such a rough year taking care of a sick (and sometimes moody) pregnant wife, I wanted to write some of the things I love about him.
1. Jeff is completely devoted to his family. He genuinely loves to spend time with us and comes home from work ready to play with the kids or help with dinner, etc.
2. He understands me and totally knows how to deal with the "many moods of Amy".
3. I know this is a dumb one but it is so important to me: He absolutely believes in equality. He doesn't believe that there is "woman's work" and "man's work". By that I mean that when he comes home from his job he knows that I have been working all day too and for the rest of the day we divide things 50/50. He doesn't expect me to cook and clean for him (although I still do, but just knowing that he doesn't expect it from me is comforting). He doesn't believe men are better than women and he's not afraid to do laundry or vacuum or anything like that. Am I making sense?
4. He's the smartest man on Planet Earth.
5. He puts up with my constant chattering (about nothing at all) and at least makes an effort to appear interested in what I am saying. He understands that I need to talk about anything and everything so when he gets home from work, I follow him from room to room and tell him every little detail of may day and every thought I've had for the past 24 hours.
6. Best dad ever and a great example for our boys of what a worthy priesthood holder should be.
7. He's my best friend and makes me feel like I am the most important person in the world.
I Love you!!!
For our anniversary we went car shopping. This is Jeff's father's- day-anniversary-making partner- this- year gift. He was deciding between this Mini Cooper or a Ford Focus???!!!! What the heck! It's pretty typical of Jeff to want to be practical--but come on, a Ford Focus?!! Don't you think someone who is going to be 40 years old soon, and is making partner at his law firm this year deserves the car he really wants? He has wanted a mini forever so I finally talked him into it. We decided to keep the civic for me to drive around in when I just have one or two kids with me. We will only drive the Suburban when we are all together--to save on gas money.

6 comments:
haha. i love charlie brown. that is forever his name.
jeff rocks! he really is the smartest human being in the world!
congrats on the 13 years! You forgot to mention that on the phone! And yeah for the mini vs. focus outcome...doesn't sound like the smartest human being if he thought the focus was even comparable!
Little Sam looks so great!! Looks so happy and well! I hope so.
Amy, we are so the same. Reading about how you are so thankful for Jeff- could have been me writing about Jairon. We gotta love our grounded husbands who have to deal with skitso us :)
Happy Anniversary!
Sam is so cute. I love nicknames and Charlie Brown is adorable.
I loved your Jeff list. He is such a great dad and husband. I love the new car. My sister will be jealous. That is her dream car. Happy Anniversary!
happy anniversary! i'm glad you talked him into the mini...sweet!! love that you call sam, charlie brown, he's so dang cute!
Love that little Charlie Brown.... and I am so grateful and forever will be that you found such a great husband! Jeff has been the go to guy for all of us whenever we have a problem. So glad he is in our family. Love you all! You are all amazing!
Post a Comment