Friday, June 20, 2008

Our Little Samster

Here are some new pictures of our little guy. We love him so much but our lives have been completely turned upside down. Everyone says that 3 kids is the hardest and after that everything is easy. That is a LIE!!!!!!! This fourth child has put me completely over the top. It doesn't help that he is very fussy and temperamental. He likes things just so and I spend my days trying to keep him happy (or asleep). He loves the stroller and it can always calm him down but since it is so hot outside we spend a lot of time strolling around the garage. We also spend quite a bit of time in the bathroom with the shower water running (the sound soothes him). Luckily, he is a great sleeper (7 to 9 hours at a stretch at night, eats, then sleeps 3 more hours). We call him our "bi-polar Charlie Brown" because he will be laughing like crazy one minute and then instantly start crying. There is no in-between mood. We still love him to death!





Come on, tell me this picture does not look exactly like Charlie Brown!



























Everyone: My sister Julie is pregnant with twins and is already on severely strict bedrest (she is only 26 weeks and must go at least 10 more weeks like this), she can't even sit up in bed. I just want to tell her how much I love her and that she can totally do this. She's probably the strongest person I know and Heavenly Father wouldn't entrust these two special boys in her care (and PJ too) if He didn't think she could do it. So anyone reading this, please keep her in your prayers and bless the two little boys that they will be born healthy and strong and not too soon, and bless that poor Julie won't go insane from boredom.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Ok I was laughing out loud one minute with those darling pictures of Sam and then crying the next when I read the part you put in about Julie. Sam is a doll and I love him so much, and thanks for remembering to pray for Julie and those two little boys she is taking care of already! I have such wonderful kids that love each other, and their children, and are doing such good jobs being Moms and Dads, brothers and sisters, and children! I am so blessed and I love you all!!!

PJ and Julie said...

love you, too. and thanks for all the praise (though most isn't true). we downloaded the old school super mario bros on the wii today, so time has gone by a lot quicker today. Only 67 days to go...hopefully!

HeatherD said...

Sam totally looks like Charlie Brown. I have heard the same advice about adding more kids being easier. That worries me for our future (distant future)children. I cannot imagine what Julie is going through. I might go insane. We will keep them in our prayers.

Stacey Sargent said...

just got a little emotional...

shellie said...

Amy Holland! or I guess it's Droubay but I know you best as Holland. I have no idea how I stumbled on your blog but I did...kind of weird. I just started my blog recently so check it out. I am going to add you to my friends. I knew you had another kid but I've never seen him...it's been awhile. I think I can get into this blogging thing, especially when I get to see what my old friends are up too.

Heidi P said...

Okay Little Sammy is so darling. He is getting so big!!? You have been so great with him Amy, way to hang in there and listen to what he needs. You are a great mom, I admire you a lot.
Wow, Julie!? That is so awesome! Hang in there- and stop counting the DAYS!? YIKES. Your family is so awesome, all you Holland girls have some awesome strength, including mom, from what I know of you. You will be great, and so with those precious babies! I will be thinking about you! :)