Anyway, working at PB&L has some definite perks. For example, on Thursday-Saturday, I went to a conference in Chicago on the firm's dime, and because Josh and Jake got to go on a boys' trip to NYC in August, we decided to make this one a girls' trip plus Dad. The girls were nice enough to let me tag along to most of their stuff, and it was a blast.
Lucy was in a posing mood by the Chicago River.

Chicago really is a beautiful city, as this photo shows. Here is Lucy with her new dog, Penny. She is obsessed with plush dog toys.

The age limit to get into see Wicked was five. So we told Lucy she could be five years old in Chicago. By the way, I was supposed to be in this picture. You can see my knee in the lower left, but I guess Amy thought I was just to darn ugly to merit a spot in the photo.

Ever since we went to Chicago for the same seminar two years ago, Amy has wanted to take Lucy for a tea party at the American Girl Place. So we went. Again, they were nice enough to let me tag along. It was really fun.

Lucy brought her American Girl doll, Elizabeth, to the tea party. Here is Elizabeth getting a drink. Yes, the dolls get their own special seats that are mounted to the table.
The three girls at the tea party.
At the American Girl store, Lucy fell in love with this baby carriage. This sad face is her attempt to con us into getting her the stroller. We didn't cave. However, I have a feeling Santa may be bringing one for Christmas, along with a little baby to go with it.
I do have to brag about Lucy. She is the best girl. She is always happy; whether it was on a three-hour flight, walking all over the city, or sitting through Wicked for nearly three hours, she was always happy and never complained. Everywhere we went she made friends because she is always happy and smiling. Such a good girl. (And yes, I just used the word "happy" about thirteen times in the last two sentences. Happy?)
I do have to brag about Lucy. She is the best girl. She is always happy; whether it was on a three-hour flight, walking all over the city, or sitting through Wicked for nearly three hours, she was always happy and never complained. Everywhere we went she made friends because she is always happy and smiling. Such a good girl. (And yes, I just used the word "happy" about thirteen times in the last two sentences. Happy?)
Before we went to Chicago, it was Halloween. We had a party with the Droubay family on Saturday, and then some of the Hollands came over on Halloween night.
Here are Kate, Uncle Dave, and Lucy getting ready for trick or treating.
Snow White and Cinderella.
Me and Bri at the Droubay party. We were the only two adults who dressed up. I was Massive Headwound Harry and Bri was a tatooed carny.
Two vampires, Jake and Maddy.
Kate and Lucy and Kate's birthday party.













6 comments:
Lucy is so cute! I can see why Ames cut you out of the picture cuz you can't help but look at the cute little face. We wish that we could have been there to dress up for Halloween. How's Amy feeling? By the way, You guys are tagged.
Okay, I'm an idiot, but I don't even know what that means. Tagged?
Just read your blog, so forget my last comment.
I don't know how that little Lucy could be any cuter or any more grown up. She would be a perfect traveling companion. She is perfectly delightful all the time. I had a great time with the boys and had a cute video to put online, but I erased it accidentlly so sorry no dancing from the boys.
looks like so much fun. and amy, you look fantastic...really pretty in that picture with Lucy and Elizabeth at the tea party. and jeff...you work too much!
oh by the way...real cool costume jeff.
Post a Comment