Monday, May 23, 2011

Teenager!


How did I let May 12th slip away from me without doing a post about my two Birthday Boys?
Oh yeah, I remember.  May is kicking my butt and beating the crap out of me with insane busyness.
It's the craziest month of the year.  It's worse than December because it's busier AND I don't get any presents.
But I digress....

Back to May 12th.
What was I thinking having TWO babies in May? And one of those (Josh) was born on his dad's birthday.
It wasn't planned.  That's the day the doctor set for me to be induced because I was already 8 days overdue.
 So, throw three birthdays in with Mother's Day, my huge dance recital and auditions, year-end programs, school reports, field trips, graduations, dance festival, baseball games, and all the yard work that needs to be done and you have one tired momma.
Don't even ask about the year that both birthdays and Mother's Day fell on the same day.

All Jeff wanted for his birthday was for it to be ignored.
Easy enough. Done.  :)
All Josh wanted was spending money and the best gift of all:
FREE TIME!
We gave him a whole weekend.  
No jobs, no requests, no nagging.
He was in heaven.

I am officially the mom of a teenager!

Typical Josh:  He's always got some contraption/project going on.

He's really gotten into the show Ninja Warrior.  He has been going all over the neighborhood trying out different tricks, scaling walls, etc. with his friends and Jake.
We thought he broke his toe when he fell on it wrong while performing one of his stunts.  We had it x-rayed.  
No break, thank goodness.  Just "turf toe."

 Speaking of Ninja Warrior:
Future Ninja in training doing the spider crawl.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I love the picture of Josh building an awesome tower! He always has a "project." wonder where he gets that from. Both "boys" so handsome!

Stacey Sargent said...

I laughed out loud with the picture of josh and his tower. he is hilarious!! Love your kids so much.