Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home

And that's where all the fun ended. Sam came down with a fever that night, then a cough and then the worst croup I have ever heard (I have done a lot of croup with my other 3 kids). We were up the whole night with him, and by 5:00 a.m. Jeff was changing our flights to go home. We got the kids up (they all cried), threw everything in suitcases in 20 minutes, took a taxi to the airport, flew home, and took a very sick baby straight to the doctor.

I am just thankful that this happened on the second to last day and not the first. We had a fantastic time for the first 4 1/2 days. I am also thankful to know that I will never have to do Disneyland with a baby again.

7 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Mike and I have said why is there no doctor at Disneyland? With all the kids there, it would be great to have some place in the park to take your sick child to so it is not a vacation recker. What the heck D-land!

Amanda M. said...

I love your house, and I can't wait to see more pictures! it looks like you had fun and I am sorry Sam got sick, I hope he is better.

Also, I didn't teach for you on Friday so you don't owe me. Morgan decided she needed an extra rehearsal with the Teens and Preteens.

Take Care!

Mike said...

We missed you guys the last day, but it was great to hang out with you and your great kids for a few days.

Erin said...

So sorry that your trip ended on a not so good note. Sounds like other than that you had a great time. Next time you come - when Sam isn't a baby :)- we'll have to get together.

shellie said...

Poor little guy! I'm sorry he got sick, but at least you got to enjoy a most of your vacation. It looks like you guys had so much fun and I can't believe your 4 year old went on Tower or Terror! So Brave!

Sarah said...

Ditto on the 4 year old on the Tower of Terror comment. The Tower of Terror terrorized ME! And I was like 26 at the time. And I'm a TOTAL adrenaline junkie.


. . . sigh. . . Amy. I hope it wasn't me that got little Sam sick.


If so, I hope you'll forgive me some day. . . :(

Melanie said...

It was so much fun to see you guys!! Even for just a few days. Amy- I need that picture of Tyler screaming on the River run and all the kids with their glasses on. So cute!! Can you email them to me?? Love you guys. Thanks for such a fun vacation!