Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Bad Day
I was having a really bad day. Jeff left out of town on trial the day before and Sam was up through the whole night with a stuffy nose and I literally got 2 hours of broken up sleep. By the next evening I was to the non-functioning exhaustion state. Sam was whiny and fussy and I had no energy left to entertain him. Josh walked in the family room and picked him up, sat him down in the recliner next to him and rocked him and sang to him for an hour. I hadn't asked Josh to do this, but I was able to lay down on the couch and close my eyes for a minute and rest. I am so thankful and feel so blessed to have such a good 10 year old boy. The day before this he vacuumed the kitchen in addition to his regular jobs without even being asked. He is a great big brother and loves to make up games for Jake and Lucy. Everyone loves Josh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love Josh! Can he come a play with my kids? What a great kid, you must be doing something right.
Awwww. We love Joshy too. Call me if it happens again this week and you are needing some zzz's. I would LOVE to have Charlie for a few hours while you sleep. I'm totally serious Amy...call me.
That is so sweet. I am amazed that he was intune enough with your mood to pick up that you needed help. What a great boy!
Josh sounds like a really sweet boy.
Amy please post your address non my blog so I can send you a wedding announcement and shower invitation!
what a sweetheart! i love that little guy and the rest of your kiddies. he looks so grown up and handsome rocking sammers in the recliner.
call me to vent next time...
Post a Comment