Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Cleaning Bug--Pantry


I caught the cleaning bug over the weekend.
I LOVE when that happens.
It happens so infrequently that I need to document.
I was in the middle of preparing for a small party for Sam when it hit--so unexpectedly!
I decided I was going to clean out and organize my pantry.
(Which I haven't done since I moved in the house over three years ago.)

The before:

And AFTER!!!




I had these two baskets left over from my closet-makeover-that-never-was,
so I filled them with all the miscellaneous pantry items like granola bars, sunflower seeds, sauce and seasoning packets, etc.








Left side of the pantry
Bottom: drinks and large cans
Second shelf: cereal
Third Shelf: snack and crackers

Top shelf: cleaning supplies



Right side of the pantry
Top shelf: Large jars/bottles and paint supplies
Third shelf: Sauces, syrups, cocoa, garbage bags
Second shelf: bread, rice, pasta




 Bottom shelf: paper products, cutlery and cookbooks



In the corner I put the baskets on the third shelf,
Canned food on the second shelf,
More drinks on the bottom.




This picture has nothing to do with anything except that I can't get over how cute this picture is.
Sam's birthday was yesterday and mine is tomorrow.
Lots of birthday fun around here.


Except...
Have I mentioned that I have a birthday curse?
I have not had a good birthday for the last 5 years.
Kinda nervous to see what happens tomorrow.

4 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

I'm jealous of your organized pantry. Plain and simple. We don't have a pantry and my husband has stuff falling on him every time he opens a cabinet. I have the HARDEST time organizing cabinets. I'm jealous. Come do mine please. :)

Aubrey said...

H*A*P*P*Y B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y Amy (and Sam)!!! We used to have a pantry like that and now have a tiny one. I miss it so much. I also love it when I suddenly want to organize or clean. We too will be cleaning for spring "break" (whether anyone wants to or not;)

Tina said...

You have inspired me to do that in my pantry. I just need the cleaning bug to hit me too pretty soon.

shellie said...

I love the stash of Taco Bell Sauce!