Amy has been feeling too sick to post anything; so it is up to me to pick up the slack. There hasn't been a whole lot going on. So I thought I would post a day-by-day list of the things that Amy is eating during her pregnancy, because it is just plain freaky. I'll expect Mike to do the same, if he is half the "Sweetie" that Steph claims he is. So, here is the rundown:
Thursday, August 16: I returned from a business trip in Alabama to find the cupboard stocked with Kit-Kats, Licorice, and other Candy Bars. There were four different bags of chips in the pantry (including two different brands of barbecue potato chips--you tell me). In the freezer I found Haagen-Daaz chocolate ice cream, and two different flavors of Pillsbury Toaster Strudels.
Friday, August 17: I got home from work and Amy wanted to go to Wingers to get some wings for dinner. She and the kids had already been to McDonalds where Amy had eaten a Sausage McMuffin for breakfast, and Cafe Rio, where she had eaten a salad for lunch. On the car ride home from Wingers, where she had consumed about 8 wings and a bowl of tortilla soup (that looked to me like vomit), she turned to me and in that desperate Amy voice said, "Okay, I need a Ding Dong right now."
Saturday, August 18: She ate alot of candy bars throughout the day, followed by a filet and a yam for dinner. At the movies, just as the previews were starting and after I'd asked her on the way it if she wanted anything, she demanded popcorn and a Sprite to go along with the bag full of candy she had smuggled into the movie. The Bourne Ultimatum was excellent by the way.
Sunday, August 19: She started things off with a Kit-Kat because, "I didn't want to wait for my toaster strudel to finish." She then ate three bowls of "Trix" cereal. I came home from church to find her lying in bed with a half-eaten loaf of bread next to her. She followed that up with a Subway sandwich and a couple of bags of salt and vinegar potato chips.
So, there you go.
17 comments:
Sophie is yours. We've ruled that out and are now looking at a lot of different names. As for your blog, we are not putting anything abuot that on our blog yet, so Mike will have to update in abuot 3 weeks when we do. I laughed out loud the entire way through! Sounds so familiar!
Amy's eating habits just sound like the normal eating habits of all the Holland girls.
I am not looking foward to any of this...
Jeff, I'm surprised you knew what Amy ate Saturday night at the movies. I figured you would be savoring your giant movie pickle too much to notice.
We aren't really going to name the baby Sophie if it is a girl. I was just trying to make you mad. Dave, you are just jealous because you don't have the guts to eat a pickle at the movies.
That's a dare. I actually love pickles and I am going to get one at my next movie. I want to see Bourne Ultimatum. Can you babysit?
PJ and I are going to go see it this Friday. What a life...with no kids, we can just up and go whatever we want. Movie? Sure. Tennis? Sure. Nothing holding us back
I've actually had a pickle at the movie. I have to side with Jeff, those things are amazing! The pickles are so big that its almost an entire meal. Rob, that does sound about right.
Are you guys all planning on doing something every night when we are all there? Friday 8/31-sunday 9/2!
Yes everyone save Friday, Saturday and Sunday night for the Holland family get togethers. I love your play by play of Amy's eating habits. I did notice your four bags of chips in the pantry the other day when I tended. I can't come over to your house anymore if there is going to be so much temptation with the chips and candy everywhere I turn.
I laughed the whole way through your description of the daily eating habits! Isn't pregnancy great...eat whatever you want, when you want!
11 comments. 55 more an we'll be just as popular as PJ and Julie.
keep those fingers crossed
I'll help you pass them
Go cougars
Booooring.....new Post!!!
Get a new post you losers. i don't care if you are sick or tired...just do it
Post a Comment